THE NIGHT BEYOND THE TRICORNERED WINDOW
- Original Title
- Sankaku Mado no Sotogawa wa Yoru (さんかく窓の外側は夜)
- Production Year
- Release Date
- January 22, 2021
- Running Time
- Drama / Horror / Suspense
- Yukihiro Morigaki (森ガキ侑大)
- Masaki Okada (岡田将生)
Jun Shison (志尊淳)
Yurina Hirate (平手友梨奈)
Thrillingly bizarre and innovative mystery entertainment! A man who can exorcise ghosts, and a man who can see them. Can their fateful union stop a mysterious curse?
- This film is an adaptation of a mystery-horror comic by Tomoko Yamashita, one of Japan’s hottest female manga creators. Yukihiro Morigaki, the movie’s director, has forged a prolific career as a composer of commercials for clients such as SHISEIDO and Nissin Cup Noodles, winning prizes both at home and abroad. His feature film directorial debut “Goodbye, Grandpa!” was released in 2017 to wide acclaim, and his wide-ranging work also includes directing television drama series. Its story is an exorcism mystery featuring the duo of Rihito Hiyakawa, who has the power to expel ghosts, and Kosuke Mikado, who has the ability to see them.
- At first glance, bookstore employee Kosuke Mikado (Jun SHISON) appears to be an ordinary young man, but he has in fact been plagued from an early age with the unique ability to see the spirits of the dead. One day, he is visited at work by exorcist Rihito Hiyakawa (Masaki OKADA), who tells him: “When you’re with me, there’s nothing to fear.”
Mikado and Hiyakawa begin working together as exorcists for hire. They are soon contacted by police detective Hanzawa, who enlists their help in investigating a spate of serial murders from the year before. As they delve further into the mystery, they hear the voice of the dead murderer time and time again, who reveals a vital clue: “I was tricked...by Erika Hiura...” Who on earth is this woman? What is she trying to achieve? Can Mikado and Hiyakawa solve this case...? When the occult detective duo eventually cross paths with Erika, their three destinies are set in motion...